CPS-C11 Sustainable Packaging
An in-depth look at sustainability as it relates to packaging, and ways to reduce a company's environmental footprint.
Are you looking for ways to make more sustainable decisions in your packaging line? In this course, you’re going to get a solid foundation in sustainable design. Course material includes tools and resources you can apply today to make more environmentally conscious decisions. We will cover LCA, energy sourcing, design optimization and effective recovering. Consideration of the 3Ps (people, planet and profit) together are absolutely essential in crafting a convincing sustainable strategy.
After successful completion of CPS-C11 Sustainable Packaging, students will be able to:
- Comprehend what sustainability means for all stages of a product’s lifecycle
- Embrace sustainable tools and strategies during the design workflow
- Gain a foundation in thinking sustainably and learn what you can do during your packaging design process to be more environmentally conscious
- Review perceptions and applications of sustainability to assess your own environmental footprint
- Learn about alternative materials available for packaging
- Understand how a sustainable market strategy is essential for a market launch, and how it can be implemented