CPS-C06 Polymers in Packaging
An online course that uncovers the role polymers play in the packaging industry.
This course offers practical and applicable lessons on polymer selection, polymer processing, and plastic applications in packaging. Within this course, you are going to learn about the different types of polymers, their roles, functions, pros and cons of each, and real-world applications.
After successful completion of CPS-C06 Polymers in Packaging, students will be able to:
- Gain a working knowledge of polymers and their history, as well as understand their role in today’s market
- Review seven common types of polymers and their applications
- Absorb a range of packaging terms related to polymers and their definitions in order to speak this industry-specific language
- Evaluate the characteristics of common polymers in order to make business decisions in packaging design
- Learn the processes behind blow molding, injection molding, and thermoforming
- Comprehend federal regulations regarding plastics in packaging