The paper segment of the global containers and packaging market is the most lucrative, boasting a 40% market share of revenue. From Fortune 500 brands to emerging startups, paperboard is a top-used packaging substrate. It's no wonder because paperboard has amazing graphics and printing capabilities, a high degree of sustainability, and enhanced usability. As a packaging designer, marketer, converter, or supply chain manager it is beneficial to understand the ins and outs of paperboard in order to produce the best carton possible. This eLearning course will focus on helping you understand the foundations of paperboard packaging from sourcing raw materials to the finished good. This understanding will serve as an important context for your future advancement, on your own and in your company.
- Paperboard Beginnings
- Paperboard Manufacturing
- Paperboard Grades
- Properties & Testing
- Paperboard Styles
- Carton Design
- Procurement and Production
What You'll Do:
- Watch entertaining videos. They're bite-sized (1-10 minutes).
- Practice what you've learned with interactive activities.
- Engage in peer discussions. You can create connections with professionals from around the world to grow your network.
- Set your own pace. Lessons are available on-demand so you can get the full experience even with a busy schedule.
What You'll Get:
- VIP access to the Paperboard Packaging LinkedIn community
- Complete access to 44 learning modules
- Cheatsheets to simplify complex information
- Paper properties and testing guides
- Tube and tray structural selector programs
- Dieline design inspiration look-book
- Board caliper reference matrix
- Low run carton cost estimator tool
- Supplier database
Sample Cheatsheet: Paperboard Grades
After completion, share your achievement with your professional network.