ABOUT THE COURSE
Are you looking for ways to make more sustainable decisions in your packaging line? In this course, you’re going to get a solid foundation in sustainable design thinking- the tools and resources you can apply today to make better decisions. We will cover LCA, energy sourcing, design optimization and effective recovering. Consideration of the 3Ps (people, planet and profit) together are absolutely essential in crafting a convincing sustainable strategy.
- Introduction to Sustainability
- Defining Sustainable Packaging
- Packaging and the Waste System
- Perceptions and Realities of Sustainability
- Introduction to Frameworks
- Cradles and Graves
- Green Engineering
- The Circular Economy
- Knowledge Check: Frameworks
- Introduction to Materials
- Printing and Inks
- Alternative Materials
- Knowledge Check: Materials
Analysis and Reporting
- Introduction to Analysis and Reporting
- Environmental Footprint
- Analysis Software
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Corporate Goals and Reporting
- Knowledge Check: Analysis and Reporting
- Introduction to Design Guidelines
- FTC Green Guides
- Labeling Principles
- APR Design Guide for Plastics Recyclability
- Sustainable Design Checklist
- Knowledge Check: Design Guidelines
- Introduction to Case Studies
- Value Engineering
- Designing for Reuse
- A Sustainable Labeling Approach
- Apply What You’ve Learned
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Sustainability as it relates to packaging and the perceptions vs. realities of sustainable packaging.
Sustainability across the supply chain from beginning concept to end of life or rebirth.
The sustainability of standard packaging substrates and the growing trend of alternative materials.
The steps a company should take to access their own environmental footprint and how to implement changes for the better.
Guidelines and regulations established for sustainability in packaging design.
Sustainable principles to specific case studies.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FOR $399
Enroll Today and Gain Immediate Access for 12 Months!