ELEC-E07 Bioplastics for Packaging (with Dr. Sandeep Kulkarni)
An online course that provides an introduction to the area of bioplastics and offers guidance on the usage of these materials for packaging applications.
Dr. Sandeep Kulkarni, the founder and President of KoolEarth Solutions Inc., has over twenty years of industry experience, and even founded his own packaging consulting company. Within this course, Dr. Kulkarni serves as an adjunct professor for The Packaging School to walk students through definitions, explanations, and examples of bioplastics. You will also explore strategies to implement bioplastics into current applications, and wrap up the course with a glimpse into the future of bioplastics.
After successful completion of ELEC-E07 Bioplastics for Packaging, students will be able to:
- Define bioplastics and learn characteristics and their origins
- Walk through the beginning and end of life of bioplastics
- Understand common misconceptions surrounding the usage and disposal of bioplastics
- Review the multitude of bioplastics available in the industry
- Learn the global standards and certifications for biodegradable bioplastics
- Comprehend the key steps to develop packaging based on bioplastics and apply this course material