Printpack is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Product Stewardship Engineer. This position is located in Atlanta, GA and will report to the Director of Sustainability.
- Four (4) year degree in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science/Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, or a closely affiliated technical degree program.
- 5+ years of experience in the flexible packaging industry is preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience in converting, particularly in sustainability focused technologies.
- Travel commitment: 35% (typically within North America, for trials/meetings at customer, vendor, and Printpack plants).
- Project management skill, perseverance, and initiative are imperative for success in this role.
- Information gathering and problem analysis are critical skills for success.
- Public speaking experience preferred.
- Good working knowledge of packaging regulatory requirements preferred.
- Managing compostable packaging development from idea generation to successful commercialization, providing oral and written updates to stakeholders.
- Partnering with Printpack operations to demonstrate and improve internal capabilities.
- Partnering with suppliers (films, wets, etc.), designing specifications to be fit-for-use as well as fit-for-make. Determine and articulate advantages and trade-offs with incumbent packaging.
- Leading technical calls/visits to customers, vendors, and external partners to gather information and expedite successful project completion.
- Responding to external and internal technical inquiries in a prompt and professional manner, and demonstrating technical expertise in those interactions.
- Collaborating with Marketing on collateral, Sales training, etc.
- Identifying and testing promising innovations.
- Identifying opportunities for innovative growth. Disseminating such information appropriately within the Printpack technical community.
- Participate in industry committees and working group to develop and clarify positions on compostability.
Printpack is proudly an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment. Embracing diversity not only enhances our work culture – it is vital to our success. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, genetic information, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, marital status, military or veteran status or affiliation, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit printpack.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.