Website Energizer Holdings
This is Energizer Holdings, Inc.
Energizer Holdings responsibly creates products to make lives easier and more enjoyable. To do this, we lean into our culture as an organization – we win together, while serving each other, with a willingness to act boldly, all while doing right. Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared mission and purpose make us one team. Because we’re a global organization, you will always have opportunities to learn, grow and develop in your career. We support flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
- Energizer is seeking to hire a Packaging Engineer for our brand-new Packaging and Distribution Hub in Franklin, Indiana. In this position, under the direction of the manager, you will work with minimal supervision to develop packaging for various products across multiple projects and monitor progress against timelines and due dates. As a Packaging Engineer, you will be responsible for the packaging development to support innovation, cost savings and business continuity projects. In this position you will serve as a contributing member of the cross functional business teams. In addition, you will support concept, development and manufacturability of product packaging for the Americas operations. This individual will play a key role in the transitional start-up and support of assets moving into our new facility, as well as supporting new process roll out within this greenfield start-up facility. Relocation available.
- Manage assigned Package Development projects, working with Brand and project teams, to meet category objectives and project ship dates.
- Hold discussions during packaging team meetings; communicate technical issues and details to the project team and management.
- Provide packaging options. Develop, engineer and test packaging components and modify as necessary to meet: customer requirements, functional parameters, cost targets, manufacturing and shipping requirements.
- Provide technical input to package design process and assure package designed for manufacturing acceptability.
- Support all package development aspects of lines transitioning into the Franklin Packaging Center (start-up support, spec management, BOM support, material troubleshooting, line trials, etc.)
- Execute new package designs and perform package component testing and qualification, working with suppliers, from engineering prints to making models/prototypes, through to unit and production tooling.
- Work effectively with Package Development (Specialist and Technicians) and Operations to assure creation of timely functional specifications.
- Develop strong relationships and communicate effectively to manage projects with Marketing, Procurement, Logistics, Operations and Suppliers.
- Keep abreast of developments across appropriate packaging and manufacturing technologies.
- Must be able to effectively organize and manage workflow of multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of project management to realize the order, importance, and impact of appropriate project activities and maintain Packaging commitments to project scheduling.
- Must be able to communicate issues effectively to technical and non-technical personnel. (Marketing, Finance, Logistics, and Operations).
- Must have a strong background of implementing cost savings reductions (material & process).
- Must be able to provide support to operations team for new product launches.
- Project Management Skills
- Must have ability to prioritize and organize workload on multiple projects of low to medium complexity.
- Must have ability to develop and implement schedules and ensure the engineering procedures are followed.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple assigned projects, monitoring the status of all elements affecting the outcome of the project, ensuring project deliverables are met.
- Must have the ability to mentor Specialists and Technicians.
- Must have the ability to clearly communicate technical and non-technical information via verbal presentation and in writing with management, team members and support personnel.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS or MS in Packaging, Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering (Packaging preferable).
- Minimum of 2 years of package development experience required, ideally with consumer products companies.
- Relevant internships or co-op experience strongly considered.
- Knowledge of packaging components and properties such as; films (thermoforming), paperboard (cards, folding cartons), corrugated materials.
- Experience dealing with packaging material suppliers.
- Experience with performing standard test methods, such as ASTM protocols.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 2-D and 3-D drafting experience (AutoCAD and Solidworks).
- Design Software (ArtiosCAD).
- Palletization software (TOPS).
Working Relationships & Environment
- Position will report through the Technical Support / Americas Package Development group.
- Regular duties and project work will include interaction with various functional departments (Such as Procurement, Logistics, Marketing, and Engineering), and material suppliers.
- Must be capable of quickly establishing relationships both internally and externally.
- Must be a highly credible individual.
- Must exhibit a true sense of urgency in responding to customers.
- Collaboration with counterparts (Packaging Engineers, Specialists and Technicians) is critical.
- Assists in the development and training of Packaging Specialists and Technicians.
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and follow up skills.
- Ability to think and act independently and make sound decisions.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Domestic travel may be required as needed
- Work schedule may require flexibility in support of 24/7 plant operations.
- Must be able to adapt to working with extended teams that are in alternate locations.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 35 lbs.
To apply for this job please visit www.energizerholdings.com.